Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ouch! Update

I thought I would take a picture of the injury, but there is no polite way to photograph it.

What happened is this: I was down at the control shelter getting it ready for the mission today. For these missions we typically have some of the folks who will be the operators and users when we have finished with the installation watch us as we track the tests. So I did a general clean up, booted the stations, etc. I was coming back to bring a thermos of coffee down there as sometimes there is a long wait for the aircraft to get in position. The coffee pot and thermos are upstairs in our main building (tour post to come later) and I basically hustled up the stairs right in from outside, got the thermos (and some sweet n' low, but not for me) and was coming back down the stairs when I slipped on a wet spot either from my boots or ice/snow still on them and sat down hard on my left hip and bounced down about 7 stairs. Hurt like the dickens, but didn't break the thermos.

Now there is an ugly, unphotographable bruise and a long lump at the the top of my leg bone. I am going to soak in a hot bath for a while. Maybe I'll post more tonight. It was an interesting mission.

Original post edited by request.

No comments: