Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hotel Room


Here are a couple of views of my hotel room. Reasonably comfortable, but it could really use a comfortable chair. It probably won't look this nice again until I leave (whenever that is).

I have a refigerator, but no microwave. The inability to cook and lack of a car as well as limited selections in the restaurants around here are making Lenten Fasting difficult to say the least. I tried very hard during cheesfare week, but the work and timing and need to take my meals with the guys I work with is going to ensure that I can't keep the fast very well.

TV is the only entertainment option other than my computer (and this blog), but I haven't turned it on, yet. Tonight is Battlestar Galactica, so that streak will end, too.

The hotel has two restaurants, one is a coffee shop and the other is a nicer, more formal dining room. The had brunch in there this morning. I was reading in the lobby while they made up the room and I could smell all the brunch stuff. The coffee and breakfast bar had to suffice, though. There is also a "lounge" which is just a bar and a sports bar next door that we can get to without going outside. Apparently the law here is that there is no smoking in restaurants, but it may be mandatory in bars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Tim,
There is no reason why you and your fellow inmates can't find a PS2 (rent, borrow, or steal), get Guitar Hero, and become expert !!
My cousin ,Michael, form Ga. wants to come back this 4th to witness another air guitar concert, but I told him that we have progressed to actually playing the songs (albeit, villi vannila style).
almost everday when I pick up Morgan from baseball practice, i hear KROCK playing sweet child of mine. People look at me as I am driving down the road like i am playing with myself, little do they know that I am pulling off some massive riffs!!!
Oh yeah, if you had been there in the summer, you could have been tracing the skeeters...
dave