Sunday, February 25, 2007

MOAU 4 Church


The province of Alberta has parishes from several jurisdictions of the Orthodox Church in North America. Parishes from the Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of Toronto are here, as are OCA Parishes, Antiochian Parishes, Russian (ROCOR, I think) Parishes and Ukrainian. By far the most numerous are the Ukrainian. All the others are in Edmonton or Calgary, too far away, only the Ukrainians are nearby. In fact one of their districts is Headquartered in Lak La Biche, about 150 km from here.

So, if I can get to church, I'll be going to a Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Bonneyville, about 60 km or so from Cold Lake.

I want to call and talk to the priest there, first, and I didn't get to because we were up at the range until late last night, too late to call on the night before liturgy. This is what I normally do before going to Liturgy in a community other than my home and I am sure I will be able to borrow the vehicle on a Sunday morning, but next week the mission may require Sunday work, I'll pray not.

No comments: